- To operate the winding engine to hoist and lower men, materials and ore in the shaft in compliance with the Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Physically operate the winding engine
- To examine and sign the driver’s log book and acknowledge by his signature or initials each uncancelled entry made in terms of either regulation 401 (4) or regulation 380 (c)
- Not to start such engine before he has received a DISTINCT AND PROPER signal to do so except in any case of emergency when he is instructed to do so by the manager or other responsible person.
- Performs other tasks as allocated to him/her by his/her supervisor
- Ensure that he/she is always conversant with the Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Act
- Adheres to the Company safety rules and procedures
- Follows lock out procedure prior to commencement of work
- Valid Winding Engine Driver Certificate of Competency or certificate of test
- Candidate MUST be over 21 years of age
- Candidate MUST have operated as Winding Engine Driver within the last two years
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Legal/Operational compliance knowledge on particular PART XXIV and XXV of Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Act.
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies.
Closing date: March 19, 2023