This position will supervise the activities and operations of the warehouse.
The Warehouse Supervisor supports the production and maintenance business units by completing receipt and dispatch of parts and materials, stock management, Inbound and outbound logistics, offsite repairs, and other warehouse functions.
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies from suppliers to production and maintenance departments.
- Review and update inventory records for parts delivered and received in line with maintenance schedules.
- Facilitate the delivery and return of offsite repairs, parts returns and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify short supply parts.
- Supervise the cyclic counting and stocktaking process for the warehouse team.
- Add new stock items to the warehouse physical locations after ANSI process complete.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external customers and act as an interface between end user, buyer & receipting.
- Collaborate with maintenance planners to ensure 100% parts availability for all planned shutdown events.
- Receipting on Pronto System of all delivery notes and invoices.
- Liaise with purchasing teams to confirm order status and resolve purchasing issues.
- Liaise with accounts payable to quickly resolve invoicing and receipting enquiries.
- Manage delivery of direct purchases to end users.
- Liaise with the plant maintenance teams on changing requirements, advise department managers/ supervisors of any problems encountered in material dispatched and take remedial action to overcome recurring problems.
- Manage bulk consumables such as fuel, reagents and grinding media.
- Ensure appropriate storage of products and parts as per the company standards and stock rotation requirements.
- Carry out excess and obsolete inventory reviews to achieve inventory reduction targets.
- Identifies and reports slow-moving product and with approval, arranges for the removal of the product.
- Documents all related activities and completes forms and reports.
- Supervise and develop senior and junior warehouse staff.
- Adhere and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and ensure incidents are promptly reported.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating.
- Analytical minded and statistic driven.
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent numerical skills and computer literacy
- Time management.
- Physical fitness and ability to complete manual handling tasks.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or Equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in a warehousing supervisor role with Inventory Management within the mining industry.
- Valid Botswana Class B Drivers Licence
- Forklift Licence