Tyre Fitter Assistant
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
Assist tyre fitter on all tasks from tyre stripping to fitting, and other tasks that may be assigned to him by tyre fitter.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assembles tyres by putting all components together i.e. rim base, valves & extension valves, spuds, component lubrication system, sealant, tyre placement on rim, lock ring and O-Ring.
- Fits the tyres to the machine in accordance with standard procedures and taking cognizance of all safety requirements.
- Strips the tyre in accordance with laid down procedures as required and taking cognizance of all the safety requirements.
- Ensure all the relevant information has been documented in the tyre change slip after every tyre change which will then be used for tyre monitoring and tracking of tyre life.
- Ensures safe operation of tyre press during tyre stripping by horizontal demounting.
- Monitors tyre rotation and matching (brand and depth) and ensures compliance to set standards and procedures
- Monitors rim life and component wear and recommendation of rims for testing to improve rim life.
- Washes the machine prior to attendance.
- Operates tyre handler and ensures tyres are properly stacked, and safe lifting of tyre during fitting. Operates fork lift to stack rims and rim components to their designated areas.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- O Level
2 years experience in tyre stripping and fitting
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Drivers License – Class B
- Tyre Handling
- Service Orientation
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 14 March 2021
Leave A Comment