Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- TRANSPORT OFFICER
To coordinate effective and efficient mine transport activities and operations.
• Interprets and implements sectional strategy to meet the MCM’s transport plans (medium to long term).
• Analyses trends at sectional level and assessing their possible impact on fleet and transport services and takes appropriate action.
• Develops optimal short-term and long-term fleet and transport plans indicating the optimal resources necessary to achieve the plan.
• Develops and sets fleet and transport standards and procedures and monitors compliance.
• Coordinate the MCM transport services by planning and scheduling bus routes and mine vehicles in accordance with transport requirements.
• Analyses and interprets reports on vehicle usage from the vehicle monitoring system on all transport vehicles.
• Monitors and ensures that all transport vehicle and equipment are kept clean and in good running order.
• Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create an audit trail by, carrying out and observing all associated administrative and clerical procedures, documenting problems, progress checking and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis, maintaining a log of calls and associated problems for reference, complying to all operational and engineering procedures related to tools, manuals, work practices.
• Initiates, monitors and controls short, medium, and long-term projects to ensure attainment of desired results.
• Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements.
• Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health, and environmental programme in area of responsibility.
• Manages the implementation of the talent management initiatives in area of responsibility by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of manpower (capacity building) through developing and implementing career, succession, training, and development plans.
• Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to improve the Mini Business Unit performance.
• Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
• Logistics and Inventory Management
• Environment, Community, Occupational Health and Safety Management
• Physical Supply Chain and Operations
• Managing Cross Functional Business Relationships
• Road safety acumen
• Use of Transport Management Systems.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Diploma in Transport and Fleet Management or equivalent.
• 7 years’ experience in fleet management with at least 3 years at foreman level.
• Class B Driver’s License.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.