The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is pleased to announce a call for applications for Honours, Masters and Doctoral scholarships for full time studies in 2024.
- Candidates must be pro-active, enthusiastic, and interested in doing excellent research that can make a difference.
- These scholarships are only available to South African citizens and will be awarded in line with national equity targets.
- Students need to apply for university programmes themselves and the scholarship is conditional upon them securing their placement in a postgraduate programme and have provisional acceptance from prospective academic supervisors.
- Only full time studies will be supported
- Applicants must be South African citizens and under 35 years of age
- Applicants can register at any South African university
- Only research projects in line with SANBI’s mandate and research strategy will be considered
- Applicants must not be employed
- Existing studies will not be supported
- Registration for a second Honours, Masters or Doctoral degree will not be considered
- Where applicants hold partial scholarships/bursaries, co-funding will be considered
- For Masters studies, applicants must hold an Honours degree/Postgraduate Diploma
Scholarship values: (to cover living expenses and university fees)
- Honours: R120 000 for one year only
- Masters: R150 000/year for two years
- Doctoral: R180 000/year for three years
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; The SANBI Honours, Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for South Africans