TECHNICIAN-SUBSTATION MAINTENANCE (X3)-RE-ADVERTISEMENT
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 01 January 2024.
Main purpose of the position
To install, commission, maintain, test and operate transmission and distribution power equipment in accordance with equipment design, operations standards and maintenance programs to ensure equipment reliability and availability.
- Supervises the activities of the team to ensure that operational systems, procedures and safety standards are observed at all times.
- Carries out switching operations to release or put equipment into service.
- Issues and cancels safety documents to facilitate work on transmission facilities.
- Ensures that all received job cards and inspection sheets are completed and returned to Planning.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs, performs preventive maintenance inspections, assists specialists in setting up and testing new products/processes and installs complex systems with guidance.
- Maintains and repairs Transmission and distribution network substations equipment and makes report.
- Troubleshoots on transmission and distribution network equipment and takes remedial action.
- Performs pre-commissioning inspections for new installations.
- Works within strict quality standards to support the Operations and Performance & Efficiency functions.
- Works independently to collate and analyse data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats.
- Verifies customer connections and recommends refunds on request from Commercial.
- Carries out prescribed internal and external client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Supports others by performing prescribed project management activities following existing procedures.
- Operates in accordance with policies and rules, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Implements housekeeping and safety standards and takes remedial action to re-establish set levels.
- Controls the issue and receipt of all transmission stores equipment and parts.
- Recognised Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Senior Authorization is required up to 66Kv or 400Kv
- Professional membership with the Engineering Registration Board is required
- A valid Class B Driver’s license
- Five (5) years post qualification experience in a power environment, two (2) years of which should be at supervisory level.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 01 January 2024. . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.