TALENT MANAGER (X1) GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 1st January 2024.
Main purpose of the position
Manage the implementation of the Corporation’s Talent Management Strategic initiatives and Organisational Design activities by providing analytical & advisory support and solutions to management to enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Provide guidance/advice on the implementation of the Talent Management Strategy to support retention of high performing employees as well as to keep them motivated.
- Analyse and report on Talent Metrics including but not limited to retention rate, turnover rate, diversity & inclusion.
- Provide advice to Management on the risks identified from talent metrics reports and advise Management on the measures to be taken to close gaps identified.
- Plan for & prepare presentations as needed to convey talent management information to Management using charts, graphs, and other presentation resources.
- Provide guidance in the development of annual manpower plans & consolidate inputs from departments for approval.
- Monitor the Corporation’s establishment by regularly carrying out staffing audits and reconciling headcounts with the establishment register.
- Design organisational structures as per the approved manpower plans.
- Approve vacancy requisitions as per the requests & assign relevant recruiters to proceed with advertising.
- Create positions in the HR system and review them as and when required.
- Provide guidance to employees on alignment of scorecards to their performance contracts.
- Calibrate employees’ contracts & performance assessments to ensure alignment with the corporate scorecard targets & initiatives.
- Review, monitor and analyse performance results corporate wide and reports them accordingly.
- Monitor implementation of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) & provide support to ensure that all assigned objectives are completed as per set timelines.
- Monitor implementation of the OD Scorecard through reporting on key initiatives.
- Plan & conduct Job Profiles review & validation, schedule & facilitate all sessions to ensure that all Job Profiles are properly written/reviewed as per the set standards.
- Evaluate jobs & provide guidance to the internal Job Evaluation Committee (JEC) during job evaluation sessions.
- Prepare job evaluation reports & present them to Management for decision making.
- Advise Management on technical inconsistencies realised during evaluation & facilitate corrections before sending results for validation by the external consultants.
- Provide advice and support to HR and Management on related activities such as job design, job description development & job evaluation.
- Create and maintain an electronic database of job descriptions, evaluations, and historical data.
- Recommend and document best practices/standard operating procedures related to job evaluation systems.
- Create Talent Management dashboards for OD Manager, HR Business partners and Line Management.
- Analyse and report Talent Metrics weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly.
- Consolidate HR data audit findings, identify possible resolutions and track for action and resolution.
- Maintain staff databases, analyse data, data integrity, and run report queries.
- Analyse HRIS performance metrics to assist in decision making.
- Identify and recommend inclusion of new HRIS processes for efficient HR management.
- Train employees & respond to their queries in relation to the use of the system.
- Develop Succession Planning policies, procedures & tools with the input from relevant HODs.
- Identify mission-critical roles based on the Corporation’s needs & maintain approved catalogue for the same.
- Guide departments in the development of their Succession Plans to ensure that BPC has readily available future leadership for critical positions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Seven (7) years post qualification experience in Organisation Development, 5 of which should have been served in a Talent Management role.
- Knowledge of reporting on Talent Metrics & HRIS, MS Office
Suite, Job Profiling, Performance Management & Organisation design is required (should have accumulated at least 3 years’ experience on these fields).
- Membership to an HR Professional body will be an added
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 1st January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.