SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR- CLOUD (X2) RE-ADVERTISEMENT
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04th January 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To implement, support and administer the data center infrastructure and enterprise technology. The role ensures optimal performance, infrastructure monitoring and 2nd level support to user problems in a cost effective manner.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes from a designated part of the development/engineering program by selecting the best possible approaches available within established systems.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs, performs preventive maintenance inspections, assists specialists in setting up and testing new products/processes and installs complex systems with guidance.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Conducts research using primary data sources and selects relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes by working as directed within established data management systems and procedures.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established knowledge management systems.
- Explores issues and/or needs to establish potential causes, related issues and barriers.
- Advises managers how to apply a wide variety of existing procedures and precedents.
- Analyzes specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A recognised University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Equivalent
- Industry related certification e.g. MCSE will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in an ICT environment, 3 of which should have been in Data Centre Infrastructure support.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented