SURVEILLANCE OFFICER(X1) GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2013
Main purpose of the position
To deter, detect, disrupt and/or reduce security incidents by providing professional and effective CCTV monitoring service across the Corporation and thus protect personnel, customers, assets, facilities, and intellectual property.
- Monitor alarms and closed-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras & respond to emergencies.
- Control building access for employees and visitors & detain violators.
- Conduct security checks over a specified area & write reports on what was observed while on duty.
- Observe & monitor the CCTV equipment in the area of observation to help detect and deter crime on time.
- Carry out equipment checks and report all faults and failures of CCTV equipment as soon as they occur to the contractors responsible for their maintenance and record all details in the faults log.
- Conduct audits by working within established security systems audit control systems.
- Conducts risk assessment, identifies risks and recommends mitigation action plan on findings identified.
- To capture, process, log accurately and help to provide data(evidence) to relevant authorities within & outside the Corporation as per the security procedures.
- Maintain all logs, reports and records accurately and promptly, covering all activities involving CCTV both externally and internally within the Control Room.
- Produces accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting that data into standard formats.
- Supports internal customers to ensure their needs are met and/or helps senior colleagues manage client relationships.
- Communicates and raises security awareness to all employees, contractors and service providers within the Corporation.
- Identifies shortcomings in current compliance processes, systems and procedures; develops ad hoc solutions to immediate problems within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Conducts investigations on security breaches and incidents involving Corporation property, intellectual property, employees and customers, reports to Security Operations Manager with recommendations
- Implements improvements and provides feedback while using change management systems and protocols to provide routine supportive services.
- Provide input in the development of Security policies and procedures.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Diploma in Security Management or equivalent.
- CCTV Certification is a requirement.
- Membership of a recognized professional security body would be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience in Security Management environment.
- Experience in the use of CCTV control equipment is mandatory.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2013 . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.