Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER – PROCUREMENT/WAREHOUSE
To manage and coordinate the Procurement, Warehousing, and Inventory Management units within Supply Chain Management Section in accordance with MCM standards, policies, and procedures.
• Adheres to quality assurance/governance protocol/principles in area of responsibility.
• Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
• Manages the implementation of receiving processes and procedures to ensure the right quality, quantity and price of goods is received and recorded appropriately.
• Manages and ensures timely receipts of all incoming materials.
• Sets and manages warehousing requirements and standards to optimise utilisation of resources (space, equipment) and allow for safe and secure storage, handling, stacking, issuing, and packing of materials.
• Implement systems to monitor and minimise stock shrinkage.
• Manages relationships with the business to proactively determine customer requirements to ensure uninterrupted supply of materials.
• Manages stock levels by ensuring accurate and timely updates of receipts, issues, transfers, write-offs, and other inventory movements as well as coordinating on site specific Materials Requirements Planning in accordance with demand profiles.
• Manages cross border business with regards to external dispatch and ensure cost effective and acquittal of goods returns.
• Manages and coordinates Service Level Agreement, data accuracy, liability and updating.
• Develops and communicates materials delivery schedules to external and internal customers and monitors compliance to ensure seamless and uninterrupted movement of goods.
• Maintains adequate stock levels by analysing trends and initiating stock replenishment requests.
• Identifies slow moving and obsolete stock by analysing stock reports and makes recommendations.
• Produces and effects the stock count schedule, including verification methodology for items to be counted as per the stock count plan.
• Supervises the procurement function by allocating and monitoring duties of team members to ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with agreed service levels.
• Processes end-user’s requests by analysing and interpreting scopes of work/products/service specifications and prepares Requests for Quotation/Proposal.
• Evaluates and adjudicates submitted proposals and makes recommendations for approval by the relevant approval body.
• Processes data and reports of; Outstanding orders/purchase requisitions, Savings, volumes, Uncodified items/ Items not linked to contracts, etc. and make appropriate interventions and recommendations.
• Conducts periodical price and cost analysis to ensure costs containment and best buy.
• Manages supplier performance and relationships by initiating and facilitating a supplier performance evaluation process.
• Ensures adherence to the Citizen Economic Empowerment Policy (CEEP) framework.
• Adheres to all corporate governance principles relating to inter-alia Purchasing Ethics.
• Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to improve the Mini Business Unit performance.
• Maintains effective relationships clients/partners/customers to ensure achievement of Mini Business Unit objectives.
• Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure their own performance against set standards.
• Computer Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Supply Chain Management/Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply/CIPS Level 6) or related qualification.
• 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, of which 2 must have been in a supervisory position.
• Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.