Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER – CONTRACTS
This role is responsible for preparing, negotiating, and reviewing company contracts, including purchase of services, projects and goods. They ensure compliance with legal requirements, analyse potential risks, and maintain organized records. The incumbent will provide support for the contract administration function to internal and external clients for the containment of costs and the management of commercial risk inherent to the procurement process.
• Adheres to quality assurance/governance protocol/principles in area of responsibility.
• Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
• Initiates, executes, and issues tenders for SMALL WORKS and recommends the most commercially and technically acceptable offer for adjudication by the respective Tender Committees. Consults the responsible Contracts Coordinator to review the enquiry requisition to ensure compliance to the contract management procedures.
• Ensure the scope of works/services is in the required format.
• Ascertains that the enquiry requisition is duly authorised, and the proposed tenderers are registered with supply chain.
• Prepares and issues tender packages /enquiries to prospective tenderers and captures the information on the respective Procurement Operating Plan.
• Receives and opens tender submissions and distribute to end users.
• Completes commercial details onto the adjudication analysis documents and compiles the final adjudications incorporating the technical adjudications from the end users/customers, including clarifications and influence spend towards Citizen-owned companies.
• Compiles final adjudication report including clarifications and prepares the recommendation to the tender board.
• Prepares tender clarification meetings and conducts post tender negotiations of tender qualifications.
• Prepares and presents tender documentation for submission to the tender committees for approval. Follows up with the queries raised and ensures closure.
• Prepares and issues notifications of contract awards in the agreed terms and conditions to the successful tenderer. Issues regret letters to the unsuccessful tenderers on the outcome of the adjudication processes.
• Arranges forward cover for foreign denominated contracts and notifies finance.
• Files all documentation and ensures that the database is updated procumbent operating plans etc.
• Completes draft contract and submits to Contract Coordinator for quality assurance.
• Ensures timely notifications to successful bidders according to prescribed formats /templates and standards and receives acceptance of offer from successful tenders.
• Attends post tender clarifications meetings, compile and distributes minutes of such meetings as required.
• Prepares and issues amendments/renewals of contracts.
• Ascertains that the requisitions are approved by the tender board.
• Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas in order to improve the Mini Business Unit performance.
• Maintains effective relationships clients/partners/customers to ensure achievement of Mini Business Unit objectives.
• Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure their own performance against set standards.
• Contracts Management
• Commercial Law
• FIDIC Conditions of Contract
• Negotiation Skills
• Computing Skills
• Tendering & Estimation
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Supply Chain Management / Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Commerce / Business Administration or equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience, experience in procurement and contract management environment.
• Understanding of SHE Management Systems ((ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.