Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- SUPPLY CHAIN ASSISTANT
To provide support to administrators and provide clerical services in the Supply Chain environment.
• Adheres to quality assurance/governance protocol/principles in area of responsibility.
• Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
• Ensures Materials personnel are familiar with the document management process by providing guidance in terms of legal requirements and standards i.e. records retention and disposal.
• Maintains a document management system in accordance with standards and legal requirements for easy retrieval.
• Conducts records audit and organises the disposal of documents in accordance with retention schedules.
• Receives and indexes documents within the Materials section to ensure compliance with set standards.
• Receives and batches invoices on Invoice Management System and sends them to Finance for payment.
• Assesses, identifies, and transfers documents from Materials to the archives as and when necessary.
• Implements and maintains filing Indices for the Materials registry and archives to ensure consistency.
• Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to improve Mini Business Unit performance.
• Maintains effective relationships with clients/partners/customers in to ensure achievement of Mini Business Unit objectives.
• Takes responsibility for providing excellent service by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure their own performance against clear standards.
• Basic Computer Skills
• Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Suite
• Driver’s Licence for LDV & Forklift
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Certificate in Supply Chain Management/Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply/CIPS Level 3) or related qualification.
• 2 years’ work experience in a supply chain management environment.
• Understanding of SHE Management Systems ((ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.