Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- SUPPLY CHAIN ADMINISTRATOR
To perform effective supply chain transactions in accordance with MCM standards, policies, and procedures, in areas of Inventory Management, Procurement, Contracts and Quality Assurance.
• Adheres to all quality assurance/governance protocols/principles in area of responsibly.
• Participates in Mini Business Units cost saving initiatives by optimizing resource utilization in area of responsibility.
• Assists in maintaining adequate stock levels initiating stock replenishment requests.
• Checks the outstanding orders report, in-transit report all outstanding stock orders and expedite delivery.
• Mitigate stock-outs as and when they occur and place urgent orders.
• Assists in identifying slow-moving and obsolete stock and makes recommendations to the Stores Supervisor for management.
• Physically verifies critical strategic items in all storage locations as per weekly and monthly plan.
• Compiles & submits the stock verification record & explanations to the Supervisor for the necessary adjustments to the stock records.
• Monitors consignment stock receipts and issues and processes consignment documentation to ensure timely payment of suppliers and replenishment of stock.
• Reviews unfulfilled requirements and effectively follows up back orders with vendors to ensure their fulfillment.
• Reviews and understands customer requests on Purchase Requisitions and prepares source lists and issues requests for quotations from suppliers to screen and select suppliers in line with the purchasing procedure.
• Assists in coordinating supplier site visits to ensure projects are completed according to specifications.
• Participates in technical and commercial tender evaluation and compilation of tender evaluation and adjudication reports.
• Evaluates and adjudicates submitted quotations taking cognizance of specification, quality, lead time and price and makes recommendations for approval by the relevant budget holder.
• Where Tender Committee approval is required, evaluates tenders with relevant stakeholders and prepares tender summaries with recommendations for approval by the Supervisor.
• Places orders with approved suppliers in line with established procedures.
• Expedites orders on a regular basis by following up with suppliers to improve and reduce stock outs and production delays.
• Prepares and issues order amendments (quantities, price, etc) as required and manages price variances to ensure that correct payments are processed.
• Participates in supplier performance reviews in order to assess the performance of suppliers against the terms of their contracts and any associated key performance indicators.
• Process supplier registration application forms by issuing, receiving, review for completeness and grade suppliers for approval by the Standards Officer and participates in conducting supplier inspections.
• Receive and verify new stock applications for duplication and completeness of specification and submit to the Standards Officer for approval.
• Ensures that all corrective and preventative actions from quality complaints are timeously implemented by making follow up with end-users.
• Assists in checking and verifying in-coming items for their correctness and advice warehousing on the correct binning methods.
• Receive and maintain a record of redundant materials awaiting disposal and participates in material disposal process.
• Updates material safety data sheets for all chemicals delivered and the hazardous substances inventory register for the Mine.
• Assists in maintaining the Technical Library of specifications and drawings of equipment used as well as other literature and supplier’s catalogue to ensure compliance to set standards.
• Files documents and ensures that all information is available and accessible.
• Adheres to all safety, health and environment policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to improve the Mini Business Area performance.
• Maintains effective relationships with clients/partners/customers to ensure achievement of Mini Business Unit objectives.
• Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure their own performance against set standards.
• Manages the effectiveness areas of subordinates by setting, monitoring, reviewing, and taking appropriate action as necessary.
• Computer Skills
• Quality Management Systems
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Process Analysis & Design
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Recognised Diploma in Supply Chain Management/Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Level 4) Chartered Institute of
Procurement and Supply or related qualification.
• 2 years post graduate experience in Supply Chain Management.
• Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.