BSB Insurance Agency (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Botswana Savings Bank is a newly established insurance agency operating on both Long Term and Short-Term market.
– Supervisor, Long-Term Insurance Underwriter
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to Principal Officer, incumbent will be responsible for driving the organization’s Long-Term insurance product sales and key account management, create awareness of the organization’s offerings, cultivates leads with prospective clients, develops, and presents sales pitches to them and manages the client relationship to maximize customer lifetime value for the organisation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence.
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status.
- Liaise with insurer to gather information and opinions.
- Draw up a quotes for competitive insurance premiums.
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies with insurer or policyholders.
- Keep detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Ensure that all policies underwritten have been received by the insurer.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the Agency.
- Follow applicable insurance laws; Regulatory Frameworks, Insurance Industry Act of Botswana, NBFIRA Act, and compliance to Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Managing and maintaining stakeholder relationships with insurer and clients.
- Prepare sales statements and reports to share with the Principal Officer.
- Monitor and drive sales of Short-Term insurance products.
Experience, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an insurance environment.
- Proven insurance underwriting experience.
- Experience in the Bancassurance Portfolio would be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing, Sales Management, Marketing, Business or related will be an added advantage.
- Professional Membership of Associate (AIISA, ACII etc) or higher.
- Insurance qualifications will be added advantage.
All positions are based in Gaborone. Only candidates meeting the above minimum requirements need to apply and enclose a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, original certified copies academic, registration and professional certificates, three (3) recent professional references, Omang and should be addressed to:
Director, Human Capital
Botswana Savings Bank
P O Box 1150
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Quote the position title applied for on the subject matter)
For any further enquiries, you may contact Human Capital Office @ +267 367 0072 or 367 0126
CLOSING DATE: 23rd March 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.