We seek experienced, assertive, results driven leader with keen interest in research to join a growing research team for the position of a Study Coordinator.
The incumbent will be expected to work with the study’s Principal Investigators (PIs) to plan, supervise, and oversee the day-to-day clinical activities in accordance with applicable research standards and standard operating procedures.
The successful appointee will be required to coordinate the implementation of operational aspects of the study, including general administration, data management, regulatory administration, safety, budgets and contracts. Amongst other responsibilities, the post holder will be required to:
- Maintain study standards according to the guidelines of the Institution, the Institutional Review Boards at Botswana Health Research Unit and other governing agencies.
- Play a key role in the development of required study documentation for regulatory bodies, stakeholders and participants.
- Contribute to the delivery of training sessions across the study sites.
- Assist with the design, coordination, implementation, and assessment of data Quality Assurance, working with the P.I.s and Data Management Assistant on issues related to data completeness and quality.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the study team, with support from the study PIs, to ensure that data quality management plan is adhered to, and data quality is assured.
- Assist the PI with generation of study related reports and data as needed.
- Act as a liaison between PIs, Co-Investigators, and Botswana Ministry of Health, to ensure that the study is conducted according to the approved protocol and that key stakeholders remain apprised of study achievements and challenges.
- Supervise and manage the performance of study staff, including providing daily performance feedback, and the timely preparation and administration of mid and end of year performance appraisals.
- Facilitate capacity building for Study staff through one-on-one training and provide opportunities for staff to participate in various conferences and training applicable to the study.
Ensure that study accrual and retention targets are achieved.
- Prepare bi-monthly reports outlining actual versus targets, with narrative as to planned recruiting and retention strategies.
- Ensure that participant lost-to-follow up is minimized and prepare a monthly report for lost to follow-up and a narrative of actions that will be taken to minimize further losses.
- Provide adverse events report for sponsors and governing agencies in accordance with the study’s protocol.
- Deliver educational talks to prospective participants about the study, as well as perform duties such as recruiting, consenting, completion of visit case report forms using the Electronic Database Capture system and follow-up of all study participants.
- Participate in study sites monitoring activities as required by the sponsor and regulatory agencies.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by the PIs.
- The incumbent must hold a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in research activities. They must have a solid understanding of HIV Clinical Management.
- Evidence of Good Clinical Practice or equivalent training.
- She/ he must be detail-oriented and can perform in a leadership capacity, work independently, think critically, problem solve, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The suitable candidate should be versed in creating Excel spreadsheets with basic formulas, manipulating Word documents, creating PowerPoint presentations, and have excellent computer literacy.
- Experience in similar role is an added advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (fluency in Setswana and English a must)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
Candidates who meet the requirements for the above-mentioned positions should apply and attach comprehensive up to date curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, Omang and at least two (2) work related references from current or previous employers, at least one (1) reference should be current. Applications that do not meet the required provisions will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver them at University of Botswana Block 244C office 43.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews through either email, personal calls, or both.
Closing date: 17th January 2023