STRATEGY MANAGER – (36 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent’s main purpose will be to manage, analyse, measure, monitor and report on corporate performance and change management initiatives. The incumbent will also be responsible for strategy implementation across the business, managing related budgets and optimizing business performance, cascading, and aligning actionable strategies to enhance corporate performance.
Responsible for developing and executing the plans that guide the Banks’ future growth. This includes working closely with Exco to identify opportunities, developing the organisation`s strategy and monitor execution of the strategic plans.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Strategy Development, Execution and Review
- Provide direct support to the design and architecture of the execution model in delivery of the Strategy.
- Shape and influence business strategy by proactively monitoring and tracking economic, business, social, political, and technological trends to create new ways of contributing to the business and adding value.
- Guide the business model, strategy, and value proposition by translating key drivers to long-term goals and defining key performance measures for the business.
- Analyse, identify and integrates, sources data and trends into basic position papers, proposals, recommendations, and plans with concise and focused communication to inform strategic direction.
- Recommend advanced improvements to optimize business performance, ensuring long-term capacity planning of the entire operation.
- Create networking opportunities to contribute to the company’s decision-making process.
Change and Transformation
- Develop and implement change management framework to promote sustainability of the Bank’s transformation.
- Facilitate change projects across multiple areas and redesigns structures, systems, and processes to ensure effective change management for implementation by the relevant stakeholders.
- Guides the development and execution of initiatives/interventions.
- Ensures all change initiatives provide positive outcomes with focus on ROI.
- Create actionable deliverables for all change management levers including change roadmap and journey model.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- A relevant master’s degree in Strategy Management or MBA would be an added advantage.
- Appropriate professional qualifications in Enterprise Portfolio and/or Change/Transformation Management.
- Experience – At least 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in Strategy function, preferably in a financial institution.
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Strategy Creation
- Strategy Translation
- Performance Management
- Business Reporting and Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Networking and partnering
- Balanced score card or equivalent methodology
Closing date: 30 November 2023