Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs.
The role of Site Accountant will be able to address and allocate resource accordingly to ensure there’s compliance on site and necessary support is given. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Site Controller will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate organization budgets, monthly management reports with detailed analysis. He/she will also partner with the different business units in order to offer finance inputs.
Key Performance Areas
- Efficient management of customer site service contracts through provision of accurate, value adding periodic and adhoc reports to aid in decision making
- Ensuring effective stakeholder management both for internal and external stakeholders. Liaising with the customers in ensuring that contract invoicing is effectively discharged
- Accurate invoicing of service contracts as per signed contracts and in line with IFRS 15
- Actively involved in the AR process by ensuring that service invoices are signed and authorised timely and sufficient PODs are provided to avoid overdues.
- Work in progress management – count, write-offs, WIP aging and reconciliation to the TB
- Invoicing and cost matching – ensuring that invoicing is accurate and is matched to costs including an analysis of gross profit margins reasonableness
- Monitoring of repair and return jobs– ensuring that the repair process is closely controlled, and reports are available to analyze the cost efficiency of repairs
- To ensure technician timesheet are captured accurately and on time, weekly reports and variance analysis.
- Ensuring that all stock consumables issues have been captured on Jobs and jobs have been released in accordance with the matching concept
- Provide service reports for analysis of contract invoicing, parts usage, profitability, rock tools recovery and labour recovery
- Preparation of the 6 quarter Rolling Forecasts, monthly forecasts and variance analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and a Professional Accounting qualification CIMA, ACCA, BICA (Fully Qualified)
- Five (5) years post qualification experience in a similar role within a finance function.
- Management accounting experience in a mining environment will be an added advantage
- Must display safety leadership at all times.
- A clean class 4 driver’s license
- Prepared to travel.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
Applications close: 26 March 2023
We offer an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Leave A Comment