Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd is a Soda Ash and Salt producing Company situated at Sua Pan in Botswana, approximately 180 km by tarred road northwest of Francistown. The Company employs over 500 employees of which close to 300 are unionised. Employees and their families live in Sowa Town, about 20 km from the plant site. The town boasts of recreational facilities, which include restaurant, tennis courts, squash court, swimming pool and golf course. There is also an excellent English medium pre-primary, primary and secondary school as well as public primary and junior secondary schools.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
SHIFT BUS DRIVER
To provide vehicle operation for passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures and passenger sensitivity and perform the following;
• Drive Company buses, taxis and light duty vehicles to various destinations as directed by the Supervisor.
• Transport Company employees to and from work on daily basis.
• Inspect and ensure vehicle cleanliness.
• Inspect the state of vehicles and report all anomalies in time.
• Implement and adhering to the Botash SHE system in their area of responsibility.
• Junior Certificate plus valid light and heavy-duty driver licence, unrestricted PSV with at least 5 years’ experience.
• First-Aid Training.
• Good command of written and oral English.
• Extra heavy-duty licence and cross boarder experience will be an added advantage.
• Planning Skills.
• Organizing Skills.
• Customer Care Skills.
• Computer Literacy.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
To apply, please forward your application with a detailed CV and your contact telephone numbers to:
The Human Capital Manager
Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag SOW 7
Applications can be hand-delivered at Human Capital Records office.
Closing date: 1st December 2023.
• Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates.