Location: Sandvik Botswana
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To service and/or maintain Trackless Mining Equipment through:
- Machine availability
- Customer Relations
- Safety, Health and Environmental effectiveness
This service is rendered to Sandvik Botswana clients (internal and external) on and off mine site, according to Sandvik Botswana requirements and equipment specifications
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintenance and repair work on Sandvik equipment within set time frames and budgets.
- Repair equipment/machinery to manufacturers specifications.
- Assist with machine audits/inspections and ensure documentation and compliance sheets from repairs are filled out and correct.
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies.
- Liaise with Product Line Manager and other relevant staff to ensure sufficient inventories are available all the time
- Observe a clear and effective communication process with employees.
- Participate in and ensure effective housekeeping and maintenance practices.
- You will have a strong customer service focus and a drive to achieve goals.
- Your approach to work hours/rosters will need to be flexible to meet site and customer requirements
- The role will require you to have a Higher National Diploma or NCC qualification in Mechanical / Millwright / Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronic trades.
- 2 – 3 years post trade experience in maintaining heavy vehicle machines. Exposure to, products and knowledge of, Sandvik underground mining equipment will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Computer literacy, knowledge and experience will also be an added advantage.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers,
Applications close: 15 September 2023
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers
Deadline: Sep 15