SERVICE ELECTRICIAN (X2)-KANYE & LETLHAKANE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16th December 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To provide meter related services by carrying out meter reading, disconnections and reconnections, prepare estimates, carry out inspections, installations, system operations and maintenance in order to ensure accurate meter data collection, minimisation of non-technical losses, quality of supply, operational safety and efficient customer supply service delivery in the area of responsibility.
- Visits customers premises to accurately record meter readings and other relevant information to facilitate accurate billing.
- Actions billing exception reports (e.g. unread meters, variance reports) and submits for processing within the billing targets
- Disconnects and reconnects customers in accordance with the instructions.
- Checks meters for damages, faults, illegal connections, signs of tampering and reports irregularities to Supervisor.
- Attends all incorrect tariffs, meter number, transfers by accurately recording and documenting cleared tokens at customers premises
- Performs standard installation, maintenance and repair activities under detailed guidance, while also troubleshooting basic technical and/or operational problems by applying previously defined matching solutions.
- Inspects consumer installation wiring to ensure that it complies with statutory and BPC regulations.
- Conducts meter inspection to ensure that wiring is not tempered with, bypassed, and checks for any activities that may contribute to non- technical loss.
- Disconnects and reconnects customers following issuance of a works order.
- Operates various machines, adjusting work sequence and/or other variables to improve efficiency
- Delivers letters to customers regarding billing, credit control and other customer related issues to facilitate effective collection and communication with customers
- A Recognised National Craft Certificate (Electrical) or equivalent.
- Should have passed through BGCSE
- Class B Driver’s License is required
- Heavy Duty Driver’s License, PrDP, will be an added advantage
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Team Player
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Zero Harm
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.