Title: Senior Teacher – Remedial
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to the intellectual, emotional, physical and social development.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters
- Prepares individualized lesson plans to achieve the desired objectives taking cognisance of available resources and equipment by determining knowledge, skills, concepts, attitudes to be learnt through consultation of the syllabus and research material
- Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education;
- Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plans of subject matters by complying with school subject policies
- Observes referred children to see progress in the classroom during class visits and remedial lessons
- Assess pupils performance and remediates individual pupils with learning difficulties according to their needs (team teaching in the classroom or remedial room)
- Resources class teacher training sessions to up-skill teachers on basic remediation skills
- Refers children to allied specialists for further assessment
- Administer tests as follows: – Admission and standardized attainment in order to establish reading, maths and spelling ages
- Performs an array of administrative duties, including: – phase meetings termly to discuss testing and pupils progress, interviews, advises parents of pupils recommended for therapy, keeps accurate records and inventory of remedial equipment
Other Job Responsibilities
- Implements safety, Health & environment programmes in the area of responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements
- Diploma in Primary Education with specialization in Remedial or Special Needs Education
• 3 years post qualification experience as a Remedial or Special Needs Teacher in a Primary School.
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Instructional delivery/teaching
- Classroom Management
- Managing performance and holding people accountable
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Teamwork & Collaboration
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.