The role is expected to;
- Improve credit portfolio management practices and reporting value created from increased service delivery to clients.
- Report significant movements/migration in credit risk.
The main strategic impact of the role is “to walk the path with the customer” by offering solutions and deal with business rescue matters on behalf of the Bank.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure continuous monitoring of the loans portfolio to reduce impairments.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Foster compliance to post disbursement conditions.
- Ensure projects are implemented as scheduled and manage multiple disbursements.
- Efficient management of Credit Balances.
- Manage reduction of movement into Non-performing loans as a percentage of total performing book.
- Ensure adherence to loan classification methodology (Provisions)
- Ensure accurate credit risk grading on an ongoing basis to reflect risk level and performing status.
- Effectively manage the ongoing risk management processes; monitoring expired facility documents etc.
- Efficient management of high risk clients – (maintaining their database, Client visits, compiling status reports, raising provisions and devising action plans around Forbearance.
- Increased monitoring / engagements for high risk clients and maintain various portfolio dashboards.
- Monitor the rehabilitated accounts until they are deemed to be cured – Provide support to the Collections unit in managing Non-Performing Loans including but not limited to financial analysis of the accounts on Rehabilitation.
- Conduct an analysis of the credit and make a recommendation as to the extension or modification terms and conditions, if an extension or modification is deemed appropriate.
- Ensure timely recommendations for foreclosure of loans.
- Ability to provide viable solutions to ensure that project deliverables remain on track as per agreed timeline.
- Deal with business rescue matters on behalf of the Bank.
- Ensure advisory support is provided to clients on the identified risk as well as advising on innovative solutions.
- Monitor associated risks and foster compliance to annual reviews to check overall asset quality.
- Responsible for adequate insurance of the Bank’s collateral inclusive of Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme as well as management of all Agency Business.
- Manage and adhere to the security verification process
- Train, coach and support the Monitoring Portfolio officers to deliver exceptional service to the customers through proactive, innovative and uptake of appropriate business solutions.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Supervise and instill a culture of measuring performance.
- Ensure Team initiatives are aligned to strategic objectives with performance measures and controls to monitor progress.
- Monitoring and reporting of segment risk and maintenance of dashboards.
- Develop and manage database on non-performing loans.
- Liaise with Client Services and ensure the production of trend reports that identify potential clients for review.
- Preparation of Quarterly Loan Portfolio Report to inform business on portfolio performance as well as the Board Approved Risk Appetite
COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE
- Manage adherence and foster compliance to credit policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Assist with internal & external auditors and follow up on implementation of corrective actions on audit findings
- Serve as the custodian of client’s needs, expectations and requirements and ensures consistency and accuracy of the solutions delivered.
- To visit problem accounts to evaluate the extent and the nature of problems experienced and advise such clients accordingly.
- Provide support but not limited to conducting site visits and/or project financial forecast analysis based on observed portfolio performance and agreed macroeconomic outlook.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of Third Party Organizations which include but not limited to Government and Insurance companies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, B.Sc (Hons)/with majors in Mathematics and/or Statistics, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or related Business Degree and any professional Study e.g. CIMA/ACCA
- AIOB and COP will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 – 6 years Credit Risk or Financial analysis / Project Management experience with a demonstrated track record.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with loan, legal and collateral documentation.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong analytical background with technical skill and competence in the development and delivering of credit portfolio reporting solutions a minimum requirement.
- Data interrogation skills required (proficient excel user).
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience in using Microsoft Office (advanced presentation and documentation).
- Strong networking and excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) required.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, determined to successfully complete tasks and can identify multiple solutions.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and manage a multitude of tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to influence and communicate concisely.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Time conscious, ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Goes beyond the routine demands of the job – be prepared to travel and work beyond normal working hours when necessary.
Closing date: September 08, 2023