Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the role is responsible for all aspects of Botswana Oil’s financial management and administration, primarily, the development and implementation of controls, reporting, tax management and ensuring compliance with relevant statutes. Furthermore, the incumbent is entrusted with providing sound financial advice and effective financial management as well as oversight of the administrative functions of the company.
Key Performance Areas
- Financial Management and Accounting Systems
- Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements reporting
- Organisational budgeting process
- Cost containment and Budget adherence
- Cashflow forecasting
- Internal Controls Framework
- Optimization of short-term surplus and alternative sources of revenue.
- Financial policies, procedures, processes, and frameworks
- Financial Audit Query Resolution
- Compliance to accounting systems, standards, tax laws and procedures.
- Facilities Management, Fleet Management, Travel management and Records Management.
Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent accounting qualifications.
Professional/Technical: Full membership to a professional accounting institution such as ACCA, CIMA, CA.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience gained in a large finance department, three (3) years of which must have been in management level.
Experience in financial planning management and reporting, fiscal management, capital development projects, and risk management.
A strong background in the development, implementation and analysis of short term and long-term financial performance plans.
Closing Date: 8th October 2023
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.