BotswanaPost is on a journey to excellence with the aim to build a high performance and people centered company that is fit-to-serve and fit-to-grow. The company invites suitably qualified, innovative, results orientated and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions described below and join a team of professionals to drive service excellence.
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – SYSTEMS (GABORONE) – BPS 33/2/1 VOL.1 (7)
- Responsible for the timely supervision and execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the risk based annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- To gather and critically evaluate evidence and assess the operation of systems to identify risks and associated controls and recommend actions for improving the effectiveness of risk management process and internal control environment.
- To fulfill professional and Organization responsibilities as outlined in the departmental process manual and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing Code of Ethics as well as Internal Audit Charter.
The position directly reports to the Internal Audit Manager – Systems.
- Assist in planning, developing and maintaining annual internal audit plans as well as periodic monitoring of its deliverables.
- Develop and Maintain Quality Assurance and improvement programs of the Internal Auditing function.
- Carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which all BotswanaPost resources are managed and determine compliance thereof.
- Adherence to International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Internal Audit policies.
- Prepares written audit reports to summarize the audit scope, control findings, recommendations and management commitments.
- Promotes dialogue and input from auditees with respect to the audit area, associated risks and areas of focus.
- Works with the Internal Audit Management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that departmental risks are identified and analyzed as per the Risk Management Framework.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned audit areas and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk.
- Monitor implementation of mitigation initiatives as per the Internal Audit risk register to ensure minimal disruption to business continuity.
- Advice management on compliance and non-compliance with 3rd party agreements/contracts deliverables.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
- Assist Internal Audit Managers in overseeing the Internal Audit budget.
- Utilization of Internal Audit system/software.
- Supervise and review the work of Internal Auditors to ensure work is carried out to the appropriate and agreed standards required.
- Introduce a rotation system within the unit to eliminate man risk and build a solid continuity and succession plan.
- To keep the Internal Audit Team up to date with current audit techniques and methodologies, legislation and internal policies and regulations insofar as they relate to the assigned duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Professional certification of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage.
- Membership of an internationally recognized institutions such as Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Information System Audit and Controls Association (ISACA), is desirable.
- At least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in relevant field.
- Experience in use of ACL and Document Management System is an added advantage.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Interact professionally with various levels of BotswanaPost employees and outside representatives.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions, and evaluate outcome.
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone
OR email a complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating position applied in the subject box.
All applications must be submitted on or before 31 st August 2023.
NOTE: Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.