Title: Senior Internal Auditor – Investigations
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To provide independent, objective assurance and consultancy services to add value and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes by providing IT internal audit across Debswana operations, conducting internal audits (Information Technology Audits) per the approved audit coverage plan including audit script programme to allow for automation of audit processes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Conducts ethics and forensic investigations as and when required
- Plans for each audit assignment by conducting risk assessment, preparing audit scope, objectives, budget and audit programme.
- Implements the audit plan through execution of audits using the approved audit methodology and in compliance with best practice / auditing standards to ensure value add to the business.
- Prepares the audit report, discusses audit findings and recommendations with management and takes appropriate action as necessary to enable finalisation and sign off of the report.
- Monitors allocated audit resources to ensure compliance to audit project objectives and completion of the auditor’s portfolio of audits.
- Provides guidance and advice to management and staff and promotes awareness of ethics, governance, controls and risk management through various forums.
- Prepares audit files which conform to the requirements of professional standards for review by the Audit Services Manager.
- Implements the departmental talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of manpower (capacity building) through developing and implementing career, localization/succession, training and development
- Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary
- Implement tools to analyze data to include audit efficiency and effectiveness, including risk assessment (be a source for analytics that provides business insights for continuous auditing)
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all safety health and environmental policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Initiates, monitors and controls short term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results
- Identifies, coordinates and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements in area of responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Internal Audit/Information Technology/Investigations or equivalent
- Added Advantage: Post Graduate Qualification in Risk Management
5 years of relevant experience (Investigations)
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Associate member of ACFE
- Data Analytics
- Understanding the principles and standards on Investigations
- Understanding the Fraud risk assessments and incident management
- Risk analysis and control assessment techniques
- Problem-solving and research capabilities
- Critical and interviewing skills
- Report writing
- Business Acumen
- Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Change Leadership
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork & Collaboration
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.