SENIOR ENGINEER – PROJECTS (X1) GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023
Main purpose of the position
To plan, coordinate, optimise and manage the implementation of distribution works projects required by the Corporation to ensure its sustainable operations within designated area.
- The ability to do day-to-day or real-time supervision of the execution of tasks and outputs within agreed timelines.
- Can ensure delivery of high-quality work in an efficient manner by breaking objectives into tasks, scheduling, guiding, and maintaining discipline.
- Match resources to the process or operational requirements and creatively use resources to complete work efficiently.
- Analyse data to measure and review productivity and quality against other teams.
- Increase productivity by setting stretch targets and adapting or modifying work plans/schedules/methods.
- Track and assure quality.
- Ensures that all statutory requirements and servitudes are secured for the Corporation’s new assets to ensure compliance with the applicable legislation and regulations
- Maintenance of a power distribution network/ system.
- The ability to understand the nature and interdependency of the organisational strategy, business model, revenue, and profit drivers and how value is created.
- Understand opportunities for value creation.
- Use own team to extract the greatest value by prioritizing activities of the team according to deliverables that will create the greatest value.
- Manage multiple strategic projects impacting on the total organisation, using sophisticated program management methodologies and tools.
- Deep experiential understanding of Time and Quality management and be able to oversee/execute different facets of a programme across multiple projects.
- Create contractors/supplier contractual conditions and incorporate into tender documents.
- Control changes to the quality plan and time program and manage implementation of corrective action.
- Establish quality management plan and persons responsibilities for implementation.
- Monitor implementation of quality assurance and report on obligations.
- Monitor and record information flow against the agreed information flow programmes.
- Expert understanding of Cost and Procurement management and the ability to either oversee/execute different cost and procurement management facets for medium projects to large projects.
- Preparation of a cost / feasibility plan, as well as establishing cost coding structure, monitoring, and reporting on costs.
- Manage procurement and award process, as well as administer and manage form of contract.
- Increase overall client satisfaction levels, understand emotions, anticipate client needs and enhance the client’s personal experience.
- Monitor consistency in service levels, compliance to service philosophy, and that client service and retention objectives are met.
- Monitor and manage service delivery, identify problems, blockages, and bottlenecks; make or suggest changes to processes based on client feedback.
- Apply technical skill to accomplish the job effectively, communicate and translate technical terms so that other can understand, and availability to others to help solve technical or procedural problems and issues.
- Manages the performance of the team by working within a performance management system.
- Proposes and implements staff development plans for the area of responsibility to ensure competent, efficient, and motivated staff.
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
Recognised Degree in Electrical Power Engineering.
Membership of the Engineering Registration Board (ERB) is required.
- Seven (7) years post qualification experience in the power environment, two (2) years of which will have been in project management in a power environment.
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.