SENIOR ENGINEER PROJECT CONTROLS (X1) READVERTISEMENT – GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16th December 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To develop and manage project controls for BPC projects/programs to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget while ensuring scope and quality management in accordance to BPC Projects Framework.
- Develops projects Integrated Work Breakdown Structure (IWBS) and manage the actual master schedule to contain project estimated time.
- Establishes detailed Project Control Schedules including tracking of performance against planned and forecast, timing milestones like stakeholder approvals, requisition approvals, equipment delivery dates and other projects key dates by highlighting critical issues and adverse trends in the monthly progress reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains accurate cost estimating and tracking for all organizational projects to verify the planned values, actual costs, earn values, cost variants, committed costs, actual payments and other projects cost performance indices as required in the monthly progress reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the transfer of cost data from accounting, and procurement systems to the organization project control system, review data transfer errors with the appropriate project planner or project manager and coordinate corrections with the accounting staff.
- Establishes and ensure compliance to procedures for the Project Controls function comprising of cost control, scheduling, estimating, document control and filling in line with BPC Projects Framework.
- Establishes and maintain a project management system to support projects along the projects lifecycle in line with BPC Projects Framework.
- Coordinates client and internal review of the project scope, schedule and estimate while implementing changes in accordance with the change management procedures.
- Prepares the monthly progress report for the client and for internal distribution highlighting activities or factors that may potentially impact the project.
- Compiles overall project status, including schedule and budget performance, scope verification, and general project issues.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis and establishing risk mitigation contingency plans to reduce impact on successful completion of projects.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Applies knowledge of the discipline and innovative skills to stay abreast with new developments to improve own efficiency.
- Addresses problems as related to own field of expertise.
- Applies technical skill to accomplish the job effectively, communicates and translates technical terms so that others can understand.
- Aligns performance to organisational strategy, business model, revenue and profit drivers to create value.
- Prioritises activities of the team according to deliverables that will create the greatest value.
- Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- Ensures delivery of high-quality work in an efficient manner by breaking objectives into tasks, scheduling, guiding and maintaining discipline.
- Manages the performance of the team by working within a performance management system.
- Proposes and implements staff development plans for the area of responsibility to ensure competent, efficient and motivated staff.
- Coaches and mentors others to help solve technical or procedural problems and issues.
- Supervises the execution of tasks and outputs within agreed timelines.
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Recognised Degree in Engineering or in Project Management with a Certification in Project Management from a recognised project management institution (PMP/ Prince2 etc).
- A valid Practicing Certificate from Engineering Registration Board (ERB) is required for an engineering qualification.
- Seven (7) years post qualification experience in project management, three (3) of which should have been in a project control environment.
- Experience in managing multiple strategic programs with a value over P100 million is essential.
- Software proficiency in project management software for project scheduling and financial management is a requirement (Microsoft Project, Primavera etc)
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.