SENIOR ENGINEER – NETWORK MAINTENANCE (X2)FRANCISTOWN & PALAPYE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023
Main purpose of the position
To plan, organize, coordinate, and control the maintenance and operational activities of the Transmission and Distribution network equipment within the designated area through implementation of best maintenance practices to ensure operational safety, plant and equipment availability and quality of supply.
- Supervises the execution of tasks and outputs within agreed timelines.
- Delivers high-quality work in an efficient manner by breaking objectives into tasks, scheduling, guiding and maintaining discipline.
- Matches resources to the process or operational requirements and creatively uses resources to complete work efficiently.
- Analyses data to measure and evaluate productivity and quality against other teams.
- Directs the maintenance, operations, testing, monitoring, and troubleshooting on all Transmission and Distribution equipment in such a manner that standards, procedures and schedules are adhered to.
- Plans for the rectification of defective equipment or make decisions on equipment replacements in order to minimise system downtime.
- Management of technical documents from project handover to decommissioning.
- Applies knowledge of the discipline and innovative skills to stay abreast with new developments to improve own efficiency.
- Applies technical skill to accomplish the job effectively, communicates and translates technical terms so that others can understand.
- Develops management processes and maintenance programs for the operation and maintenance of a power transmission and distribution networks / systems
- Oversees execution of maintenance interventions by performing checks of the quality and completeness of all maintenance interventions on a continuous basis.
- Develops appropriate remedial/corrective actions on network defects picked from time to time.
- Develops short to medium term maintenance plans with the view of minimising equipment downtime and interruption of supplies to customers.
- Evaluates maintenance procedures on a continuous basis against the latest international trends.
- Analyses routine maintenance test results for conformity with design specifications and institute remedial action where necessary.
- Designs condition monitoring system hardware as well as software packages.
- Performs advanced statistical analyses and expert interpretation of condition monitoring reports.
- Communicates the strategy and vision with impact as well as engaging and motivating others.
- Organises, co-ordinates, prioritises and monitors maintenance execution by allocating resources.
- Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- Manages the performance of the team by working within a performance management system.
- Identifies skills gaps, proposes and implements staff development plans for the area of responsibility to ensure competent, efficient and motivated staff.
- Coaches and mentors staff to help solve technical or procedural problems and issues.
- Adhere to Safety Health Risk and Environmental standards contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Enforce attainment of senior authorisation status of staff as per the current BPC Safety Rules requirements to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Determines assets reliability and applies asset reliability improvement processes.
- Recommends asset acquisition & safe disposal.
- Initiates & submits budget proposals for the section.
- Monitors & controls expenditure within the approved budget.
- Prepares procurement documents and papers to ensure budget is spent within the section
- Participate in the review of project designs before implementation
- Monitors the implementation of sectional projects (this excludes DSW and Capital Projects)
- Recognised Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Membership of the Engineering Registration Board (ERB) is required.
- Senior Authorisation is compulsory up to 66kV or 400kV
- At least Seven (7) years’ post qualification experience in High Voltage Environment, two (2) years of which will have been in systems operations /maintenance in a power utility industry
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.