The Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA) invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
SENIOR ANALYST – FINTECH
Reports to: Manager – FinTech
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the supervision of licensed FinTech firms on specific technology compliance factors, as per the instruction and direction of the departmental management
TECHNOLOGY RISK AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
As part of the supervision team, conduct specific technology supervision activities for the licensed FinTech firms
Evaluate licensed firms’ capabilities to manage technology innovation through reviews of their controls in areas including:
Technology governance (hiring for appropriate skill sets, awareness at the board level, and suitable training)
Cybersecurity risk management (access management, incident response, vendor management, data loss prevention, system change management, network security, end-user computing etc.
Level of oversight over third party providers and management of outsourcing risks
Protection of the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive customer information
Prepare supervision and compliance reports as required
Act as an internal expert on all things associated with blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and its regulation
Delivery of technology-related intelligence support and advice to Licensing, Supervision and Enforcement for the processing of applications connected with identified high risk factors and the vetting of new products/services and licensing applications
Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in other business areas within the NBFIRA and with external stakeholders involved in FinTech and related harm and risk
Proactively anticipate alternative ways to meet commitments when unexpected events, unplanned actions, or contingencies arise
Research and apply best practices in own specialised area of work, and maintain high level of knowledge in order to effectively undertake the duties of the post
Monitor the regulatory perimeter for fintech, including licencing and the use of `sandboxes’
Keep an eye on fintech trends, and consider their potential impact on business models and prudential risks
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a master’s in Finance or Technology or related fields from a recognised institution
- Professional Certification: Certificate in Blockchain, crypto-assets, DLT etc; Certificate in cybersecurity risk management
- At least 5 years relevant experience post-qualification in financial regulation
- Professional experience in the FinTech or payments sector or in FinTech regulation would be an advantage
SPECIALISED KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Procedures, processes, best practices in FinTech regulation
- Expert understanding of DLT-based products and services,
- blockchain, cryptography etc.
- Cyber risk assessment tools and methodologies
- Acts governing FinTech
- Proficient in the use of computers and software relevant to the position
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Organisational skills (planning, time management, work prioritization)
- Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to submit their applications, CV, certified copies of their academic qualification and at least two (2) references from your previous and current employer stating your suitability for the position applied for.
Preference will be given to qualifying citizen applicants. Further, kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
All applications referencing the positions applied for should be sent to the following email address:
Closing date of applications is on Friday 9 December 2022 at latest by 17:00hrs.