Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements and compliance reporting.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for ensuring the monthly close process is both timely and accurate by, reviewing account reconciliations, building new processes, and performing ad-hoc technical accounting reviews. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring preparation of financial reports
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Summarise the fund’s financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reviews reconciled financial discrepancies and account information.
- Ensure financial security by following internal controls and ensures financial controls are fully documented.
- Prepare the fund special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
- Ensure preparation of financial information for external audits and coordinate with management and external auditors to provide requested schedules and support.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or similar degree required
- A minimum of 5 years’ post articles experience OR a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Financial Services experience is highly advantageous.
Closing date: September 08, 2023