The primary duties of a diesel mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles such as Front End Loaders, underground trucks, forklifts, loaders, Graders, Land Cruisers and drilling rigs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairing, or replacing engine, steering, transmissions, braking or lighting system components.
- Diagnose, repair, maintain and test diesel and gasoline powered vehicles.
- Repair and maintain the hydraulic components of diesel, and gasoline engines that are used to power attachments such as hoists, booms, scrapers, buckets, and trucks.
- Running and analyzing diagnostic tests on diesel equipment.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions, and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems and test-driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Trade Test B Diesel Fitter or equivalent, i.e. a qualifications acquired through Recognized Prior Learning (RPL).
- 4 years underground mining experience
- 4 years Mining Diesel Equipment experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023