To carry out welding and fabrication planned, and breakdown maintenance works to ensure optimal equipment availability in a safe and secure work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general welding and fabrication tasks, following design drawings provided, and using specialised equipment to produce a replica and fit as required
- Obtains Works Orders from supervisor or operations staff and assesses the work to be done, prior to commencement
- Resources each task, accordingly, ensuring optimal utilisation, prior to commencing the works
- Carries out inspections for defects and non-compliance on the assigned structures and records findings on the Works Order for submission to
- Adheres to the Company safety rules and procedures and takes necessary remedial action in accordance with Company rules.
- Follows company lockout procedure prior to commencement of work.
- Thorough understanding of welding and fabrication techniques
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Team player with the ability to work independently if required
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Proficient in English
- Trade Test B Boilermaker (Fabrication and Welding) or equivalent, i.e. a qualifications acquired through Recognized Prior Learning (RPL).
- 4 years work experience post qualification
- Understanding of underground, SHE procedures as an added advantage
- Light duty drivers’ license
- Certificates in (TIG, MMA and similar)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, callipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023