Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– SECURITY SERVICES OFFICER I X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for enforcement duties for the protection, safety and security of employees, visitors, and all property within the area under the control and jurisdiction of BEC
Key performance areas:
• Develop a plan to identify and address security gaps in BEC grounds/ buildings
• Investigate criminal offenses, and recover stolen or lost property, arrest offenders, and confer with local law enforcement
• Prepare incident reports for internal use or for law enforcement bodies as needed
• Enforce compliance with proper vehicle driving rules and regulations on the premises
• Design and maintain an inventory system for the keys of all buildings, and ensure that all locks, doors, and alarms are working properly
• Liaise closely with risk management specialists and internal audit on the minimisation of physical risks
• Supervise the work of the external security agency, and ensure that they perform their work diligently and in accordance with the SLAs
• Monitor delivery and installation of security equipment by contractors and service providers and negotiate, recommend and manage security service level agreements
• Maintain CCTV and security systems, and ensure it is effectively used for identifying suspicious activities
• Liaise with Corporate IT on the security of ICT systems and network and provide input into development of ICT security policies and strategies
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Security Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience of which 2 years should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.