Responsible for operating underground utility vehicle for all the underground construction and to load and transport materials from surface to underground.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform visual Inspections of the scissor lift machine before, and during operation according to departmental procedures to minimise breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects / abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Use standard checklist and complete it taking note of any defects
- Inspect material to be loaded to ensure that its safe and in a ready state to be correctly loaded.
- Carry out a risk assessment of each new area where loading is to take place.
- Report any unsafe activities or actions related to the scissor lift
- Operates the scissor lift according to standards and procedures.
- Assist relevant department with scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs on the scissor lift.
- Keep clean equipment, fuel and lube the scissor lift unit every shift.
- Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Preferably “O”level
- Driving license
- Diesel equipment operators permit
- Heavy Duty Driving License is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s practical experience of operating Scissor lift in an underground mining environment.
- Sound knowledge of underground mining practices and operations.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Good operating ability in confined space
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023