Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
The Rigger Assistant position is responsible for aligning and anchoring the machinery, attaching loads, controlling the movement of heavy equipment, and ensuring the rigging is safe for use.
The Assistant will be responsible to assemble and dismantle rigging equipment at the end of each shift.
Key Performance Areas
- Follow and adhere to all instructions given by supervisors
- Ensure pre-use inspections are carried out on all rigging equipment prior to use
- Ensure damaged rigging equipment is reported to the supervisor and taken out of service
- Selecting the correct rigging equipment to carry out the job safely
- Maintain clear communication with the crane operator when lifting and moving equipment
- To have a full understanding of the universal hand signals for crane movements
- Ensures load swing / fall areas are clear and barricaded when required
- Always report back to your supervisor
- Assist (hands on) fellow trades where and when required
- All other duties as requested from your supervisor
- All rigging equipment is clean and available for use
- Knowledge of rigging standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment selection and application of basic lifting techniques.
- Use of machine and tools including their design, repair and maintenance
- Time management.
- Proficiency in English
- Hand-eye coordination skills
- Safety conscious
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Rigging course from recognized / accredited institutions
- 2 years’ experience as a Rigger Assistant in a plant
- Crane experience cranes