Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of Pharmacy, the incumbent will be responsible for the negotiation and procurement of fast moving consumer goods in the health and beauty environment in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas
- Participates in the procuring policy compilation and adhere to set rules, guidelines and regulatory standards in the procuring value chain environment,
- Ensure that the right goods are sourced at a competitive price and in compliance with MRI procuring standards.
- Supports the Head of Pharmacy in driving key strategic themes and objectives championed by finance across the business i.e. efficiencies, optimisation, cost savings etc through right decision making in the process of procuring goods and services for MRI.
- Supports the Head of Pharmacy with information that feeds into the long, medium and short term of procuring plans, which are critical to the organisations ability to meet its objectives as per set timelines.
- Researches, evaluates and compares products to determine which best meet the organization’s needs at acceptable rates.
- Reviews and analyses all vendors, suppliers, price options, assesses quotations from suppliers and recommend the appropriate ones.
- Maintains excellent relationships with vendors and suppliers, prepare purchase orders and submit for approval.
- Monitors all deliveries to ensure that orders are delivered within the expected lead times, check ordered and received stock against invoices.
- Assist in the determination of the selling prices for external clients.
- Maintain adequate stores supply, monitors stock levels and coordinates with merchandisers and Store Managers.
- Facilitate the disposal of expired and obsolete stock.
- Keep controls on sudden and unexpected increases in costs or prices and cautions supervisor.
- Ensure security of the product or its condition as it moves along the supply chain.
- Prepares reports on purchases, including cost analysis, procurement activity and status of the procured goods and any identified procuring risks to supervisor.
Job Requirements and Experience
- A Diploma in Business Management or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent
- At least CIPS Level 2
- Proficient Computer and Supply chain software and value chain within the organisation.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as Procurement officer or related role.
- Experience in the fast-moving consumer goods environment is essential.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
- Ability to analyse problems and strategies for better solutions.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Goal oriented.
- Collaboration and teamwork
Applications which include cover letter, resume and certified certificates should be sent to
Head of Human Resources
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.