To support the MCM Project Management Office with planning, managing and executing the Quantity Surveying and Project Estimating function, also managing pre and post contract cost control through implementation of contract of approved expansion, business improvement and stay in business projects within the MCM project’s portfolio.
Performs the following;
- Measurement for preparation of tender documents (using interpreted information from drawings, BOQs etc.)
- Valuations and Certification of work done during construction for interim payment purposes.
- Preparation of final accounts including initial negotiation where necessary with contractors
- Assist with adjudication of contractual claims.
- Coordinates and checks Estimation-related integration between project management work, support work, and technical/specialist work, including inter-technical/specialist work.
- Creates, develops, and adjusts Estimates during each project stage.
- Refine the levels of Estimation accuracy through project life-cycle stages.
- Ensures and monitors transfer of Estimation-data between financial, accounting, planning, and procurement systems; the review of errors arising from such transfers, and coordinates actions to rectify such errors in projects.
- Ensures control over Estimation-related contractual obligations (e.g., the impact and management of escalation).
- Monitors the effectiveness of Estimation standards and procedures and recommends necessary changes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manages and controls allocated funds and operates within approved parameters.
- Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary.
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Coordinates the safety, health, and environmental program in area of responsibility.
- Degreein Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Minimum4 years post qualification experience in Construction and/or mining environment
- Relevantaccreditation with a valid practicing certificate e.g. QSRC, RICS, PrQS, SACQSP etc.
- Advancedtraining in Microsoft Office applications or equivalent (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Safety,Health and Environment training
Commercial Astuteness, Achievement Orientation, Judgment and Decision Making, Open Communication to Senior Management, Lateral Thinking and Open to Alternatives, Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable, Planning, Coordination and Execution, Change Leadership, Passion for Safety, Health and the Environment.
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in a coal mining environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae that specifically meets the requirements of the role described above and is addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 17 March 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.