PROJECTS ENGINEER (X1) – MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16th December 2023
Main purpose of the position
To plan and implement Power Station Projects to the specified quality, on time and within budget by ensuring proper implementation of project elements in accordance with the Cooperation’s standards and procedures
- Maintains a standard Project management Process for Power Station.
- Overall owner of the Project Management process and ensures that projects are managed and tracked accordingly.
- Manages the expected outcome of projects by ensuring coalition between project managers, end users/customers and contractors.
- Regularly updates and communicates progress of projects and assists project managers in Risk Management Methods to ensure that projects are completed according to scope, on time and within budget.
- Ensures that project handover/commissioning between contractor and end user is seamless and that the right documentation is available to BPC personnel on completion of project (operating and maintenance schedule, as built drawings, spares etc).
- Ensures that the project requirements are gathered and converted to specific detailed project scopes with the full involvement and approval of all stakeholders before project implementation.
- Ensures that all projects have an approved Quality Management Plan (QMP) before project implementation to safeguard all quality requirements.
- To ensure that all project managers conduct, record, and maintain all scope and quality requirements during project implementation.
- Works closely with project Managers to ensure that a realistic project cash flow budget is submitted before project implementation.
- Produces accurate project financial reports based on inputs from the respective project managers.
- Ensures financial tracking of each project through monthly reporting to establish and mitigate possible financial over expenditure.
- Ensures that a realistic project schedule is submitted and approved prior to project implementation.
- Ensures project schedule tracking to establish and mitigate potential project delays
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems, and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services
- Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- Manages the performance of the team by working within a performance management system.
- Proposes and implements staff development plans for the area of responsibility to ensure competent, efficient, and motivated staff
- Operates in accordance with policies and rules, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Contributes to the development of risk assessment.
- Participates in safety inspections and reports on findings to maintain safety of personnel and good housekeeping of the plant.
- Ensures that projects are conducted in accordance with the Cooperation’s Safety Standards.
- A recognized Degree in Mechanical / Electrical/ Control & Instrumentation
- A relevant Project Management qualification.
- Qualification and/or experience in Computer Modelling software will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years post qualification of which 2 years should have been in a project environment.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16th December 2023 . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.