To Support the Projects Manager by applying Project Controls in the Project Management Office to enable successful Planning, Execution, Management, and Delivery of Stay in business and large complex projects and Concept to Feasibility studies to support the MCM Strategic Plan.
- Effective safety leadership and behavior modeling for the project team, consultants, specialists, contractors, and construction workforce.
- The development of an integrated plan (for the scope of work) incorporating all stakeholders requirements and technical functions while meeting Morupule Coal Mine standards.
- Set-up of required project controls to ensure delivery against these standards and the objectives as defined in the project charter.
- The Project Controller must work in the study phase, where the detailed analysis of alternatives is considered, and if financially viable, approved for execution.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Project Controls standards and procedures and bring about necessary changes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Change Leadership
- Project Control Management
- Data Integration
- Estimate Management
- Planning and Scheduling
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Project Management or equivalent in related field
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage
- Six (6) years in a Project Controls environment or related field
- Advanced scheduling/cost control software knowledge (e.g., Oracle Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Deltek etc)
- Class B Driver’s License
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates, a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 15 December 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.