Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Project Management Executive, the incumbent will provide strategic leadership and oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
- Oversees the internal and external Project Managers and contract resources assigned to projects in the program.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor all budgeted program expenditures.
- Lead and facilitate steering committee(s), sponsor and stakeholder meetings to ensure program success.
- Monitor overall exposure and risk for the program.
- Ensure all risks and issues are being actively addressed.
- Ensure that projects follow the defined project management methodology.
Skills and Competencies:
The candidate should exhibit the following;
- Project and program management skills
- People management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidates should have attained the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing/Engineering/Project Management or relatedfield.
- PMP/PRINCE2 Practitioner is essential
- Cisco certification at professional level or equivalent in any stream is essential
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the ICT field or in a related area, 3 of which were at management level.
- A strong track record of successfully delivering large, complex programs/projects.
Closing date: November 29, 2023