Title: Project Engineer – Electrical
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To manage, coordinate and oversee the overall electrical designs, infrastructure and system requirements for mining, engineering and processing projects including electrical engineering standards, policies and procedures deployed as part of the project lifecycle. To ensure these are aligned with Debswana standards, policies and procedures and that the designs adequately attend to electrical and general safety requirements, production and operability requirements and asset management philosophies in Debswana.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Leads and manages the detailed electrical engineering and design effort of the project from the pre concept/concept phase all the way to detailed design, execution/commissioning and handover
- Ensures that the project effectively and consistently applies Debswana standards and procedures, detailed electrical design criteria, electrical safety and operability requirements.
- Aligns all deliverables and designs to legislative, regulatory, relevant local and international equipment, electrical and engineering standards
- Ensures that protection design,project load flow,dynamic and voltage regulation studies are conducted for new power system networks and/or the extension of existing networks
- Provides effective input to all project phase design, procurement, study,input and output documentation,drawings and assessments and ensures these are aligned with Debswana requirements, standards and procedures
- Ensures effective factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing regimens are in place and testing and commissioning establishes efficacy,safety and reliability of equipment and overall power system infrastructure
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key engineering,project,OEM and consulting (including EPCM) stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of electrical engineering objectives and overall project objectives
- Liaises with the Project Manager(s) and GroupE,C & Iengineer to ensure that the electrical project is correctly designed, meets project delivery (programme requirements)
- Ensures that electrical engineering budgets,scheduling requirements and risk areas are properly managed
- Ensures that bulk power supply infrastructure requirements and load-growth requirements are met and effectively liaises with the utility to achieve these objectives
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all safety health and environmental policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Interprets operational requirements and integrates with discipline base financial needs to ensure availability of financial resources to meet business objectives
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
7 years post qualification Engineering experience in a heavy engineering environment including EIT programme with 3 years at substantive mining industry Engineer level.
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Registration with Engineering Registration Board (ERB) or equivalent
- Electrical Engineering Design
- Project Management
- Cost Control/Engineering
- Quality Management
- Project Change Management
- Achievement Orientation
- Change Leadership
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Developing Others
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing performance and holding people accountable
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork & Collaboration
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.