Date: Oct 10, 2023
Location: Mahalapye, BW
Closing Date: 24 October 2023
VACANCY MAINTENANCE ENGINEER -MAHALAPYE X1
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for the position of the Maintenance Engineer based in Mahalapye
This role is responsible for planning, design, building, installation, and maintaining Electro-mechanical, Control and Instrumentation and Civil Engineering systems, as well as supervising, testing, and commissioning of projects in the Service Centre.
Engineer: Maintenance develop and implement maintenance programmes on electro- mechanical, C&I and Civil Engineering systems.
The Engineer: Maintenance apply Engineering expertise to ensure the efficient operations of assets and infrastructure.
Further, the role ensures that asset and infrastructure is maintained as per policy, procedures, and standards by implementing maintenance guidelines and administering their implementation as outlined by the Corporation.
Maintenance and Risk Management
- Maintain high level of safety in maintenance operations through compliance and adherence to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality standards and Permit to Work Systems. (PTW)
- Comply, participate and to ensure adherence to SHEQ activities and procedures prior to onsite maintenance and repair on hazardous work, as required.
- Ensure appropriate equipment is acquired and installed according to set specifications and standards
- Develops unit’s annual budget
- Supports budgeting and implementation of the budget plan by providing detailed information and specifications of tools and equipment for acquisition.
- Implements measures to analyse and improve the Department’s efficiencies
- Ensures delivery of work within defined tolerance levels for department
Compliance & Governance
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration and compliance with functional/practice policies
- Adheres to relevant labour practices.
- Compliance to equipment standards by influencing the design and managing the installations thereof for plant modifications and ‘or revamps
- Active management of the identified Engineering risks.
- Live and exemplify the Corporate values
- Drive a high performance culture
- Promote 3600 feedbacks within the unit.
- Asset reliability management
- Speed to identification of control failures
- Business aligned and enabling maintenance program
- Efficiency in maintenance planning program (balance between scheduled & unscheduled maintenance)
- Financial sustainability (Maintenance costs within defined tolerance level)
- Sustainable cost of maintenance (as a function of asset value, production output and sales)
- Low maintenance related operational downtime
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical or C&I Engineering
- Registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB)
- Valid Practising Certificate
- 5 years experience in Control and Instrumentation Engineering activities in a utilities industry
- 3 years supervisory experience
Interested members of staff should attach a copy of a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), Certified copies of national identity cards and certificates when applying for the position.
Closing Date: 24 October 2023