Botswana Tourism Organisation (BTO) is a parastatal body set up through an Act of Parliament with the mandate to market Botswana’s tourism product, promote investment in the tourism sector as well as to grade and classify licensed tourist enterprises.
BTO invites applications from driven qualified and experienced Botswana citizens for the positions of:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, directly responsible for:
• Formulation and implementation of strategies, systems and pro¬grammes which promote and enhance investment in the tourism industry.
• Develop, evaluate and operationalize tourism products to drive the Organisation’s Product Development and Diversification mandate.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Strategic and Leadership Roles
• Assist in the formulation, cascading and implementation of the Organisation strategy to drive the Organisation mandate.
• Develop, implement and monitor the Investment and Product Development department s annual strategy, objectives and performance.
• Interpret. Align and Implement Investment and Product Development strategy in line with National Tourism Development Plans and Agenda.
Tourism Product Development and Diversification
• Develop, implement and monitor systems, plans and programmes to drive and promote investment in the country’s tourism product.
• Conduct research to identify potential new products by marketability, investment and geographically.
• Liaise with Marketing and Quality Services departments to infuse marketability and quality control in the development of new products.
• Evaluate existing Organisation’s tourism projects for operationalization, investment promotion and increase financial output
• Liaise with Local Authorities for identification and acquisition of land with tourism potential for development and investment.
• Facilitate Trusts to develop potential of Community Based Organisations.
People and Administration Roles
• Administration of Satellite Offices. Investment Promotions and Estates Divisions.
• Develop, evaluate, implement, and monitor the annual budget for the Investment & Product Development department.
• Build, support and manage competent human capital and cross¬functional team from the Product Development. Estates. Investment Facilitation and Satellite Offices functions for excellence and continuity.
• Strategy Thinking & Innovation
• Leadership and Motivation
• Communications, Influence and Impact
• Business Orientation
• Decisiveness and Assertiveness
• External Environment Orientation
• Budget and Resource Management
• Project Management
• Product Research & Development
• Performance Management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration,Tourism Management or equivalent
• Master s Degree in Business Administration.Tourism Management or equivalent
• 10 years’ experience in a highly competitive business development environment. 5 of which should have been spent at Management level
• Experience in the Tourism Industry will be an added advantage.
If you meet the above requirements. please apply to:
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
If you meet the above requirements, please apply to:
Executive Management- Human Resource and Admin
Closing Date: Friday. 10th November 2023
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.