PROCUREMENT OVERSIGHT MANAGER – 36 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The position is responsible for provision of procurement advice to the Chief Executive Officer and all tasked with procurement adjudication function at National Development Bank. In addition, the role requires ensuring compliance to procurement rules, providing strategic procurement direction, and contributing to shareholder value and aligning procurement activities with ESG.
To be the principal advisor to the CEO on any procurement matters within the scope of the ACT, ensure compliance on the ACT in all procurement activities and be responsible for adjudication and recommendations for award.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for rendering procurement advice to the Accounting Officer / Adjudicators Procurement Advice
- Ensures compliance to procurement rules, policies and procedures and develops procurement process maps for internal use
- Carriers out supply market intelligence and feeds information into procurement planning Contribution to procurement planning.
- Supports and guides the Procurement Unit Procurement advice and input.
- Conducts research on developments in best practices in procurement, identifying areas.
- Leads the development of Procurement and savings strategy.
- Develops tools for measuring procurement performance and ensures procurement contributes to growth shareholders value Supply chain performance matrix.
- Develops templates that can be used to support procurement activities (Internal procurement templates)
- Carries out reviews / pre-adjudication of tender documents, evaluation reports, contract.
- Leads in cascading procurement reforms and procurement practices within NDB Client education.
- Ensures implementation of laws and policies set to empower categories, sectors, firms.
- Leads the used of SMART procurement tools.
- Ensures optimal performance of the entire supply chain process Stakeholder satisfaction.
- Identifies expenditure leakages associated with procurement across the business.
- Audits the supply chain and embeds ESG (Economic, Social and Governance) in strategic procurement processes.
- Bachelor’s Business degree or related degree plus CIPS Level 6 or degree in related field
- Master’s degree (business or supply chain management) will be added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, four (4) of which should be at management level
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Achievement and Orientation
- Planning, Organising and Coordinating
- Team Cooperation & Commitment
- Results Focused & Commitment
- Decisiveness and Assertiveness
- Consultation & Interpersonal Relations