BotswanaPost is on a journey to excellence with the aim to build a high performance and people centered company that is fit-to-serve and fit-to-grow. The company invites suitably qualified, innovative, results orientated and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions described below and join a team of professionals to drive service excellence.
PROCUREMENT OVERSIGHT MANAGER (GABORONE) – BPS 33/2/3 Vol.1 (40)
To provide oversight on all procurement activities, ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, Regulations and best practices. To provide advisory and guidance on procurement to the Company Secretary and Heads of Functions. To provide strategic direction in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s procurement strategy and policies, materials management and tender adjudication procedures and processes to support business objectives.
The position directly reports to the Company Secretary.
- Develops and implements procurement oversight strategy for the Procuring Entity in line with the relevant legislations and policies.
- Monitors and evaluates annual procurement plans for the Procuring Entity.
- Develops and ensures the alignment of all divisional policies, processes, procedures and functions with legislation and protocols, and BotswanaPost quality management systems for approval by the Company Secretary.
- Enforces operational controls to manage audits and mitigate risks.
- Pre-adjudicates, adjudicates, and makes recommendation of an award related to a tender in the Procuring Entity. Reviews tender evaluation and award recommendation report within the procurement laws and regulations and advices accordingly.
- Monitors procurement methods and procedures within the Procuring Entity in compliance with procurement laws and regulations.
- Vets bidding documents to ensure compliance to relevant laws and procedures. Presides over and manage public bid openings.
- Ensures compliance with green procurement to ensure sustainability by considering sustainable policy factors in relation to the environment and health and other macro factors; political, economic, social, technological, and legal conditions. Monitors maintenance of accurate and up to date procurement records.
- Prepares and submits quarterly reports on procurement, compliance to Regulation, Policies and Procedures to the Accounting Officer and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors adherence to contractual agreements and service standards.
- Manages and ensures that team members have performance contracts, and that performance assessment are done in accordance with BotswanaPost Performance Management System and agreed schedules
- At least a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from a recognised institution. Professional Qualification in CIPS Level 6, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management and Logistics from a recognised institution. A full member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS).
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a corporate procurement environment, including 4 years in a Senior Management position.
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking
- Results oriented and performance driven
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
- Communication, influence, impact
- Service oriented and client focus
- Team building, leadership and motivation
- People management and interpersonal skills
- Planning, organizing, budgeting, resource management
- Detail-oriented and data-driven
- Integrity and transparency
- Emotional intelligence and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking
- Financial acumen
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to:
Chief Human Capital Officer BotswanaPost
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone OR
email a complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
clearly stating position applied in the subject box.
All applications must be submitted on or before 28th February 2023.
NOTE: Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.