PROCUREMENT OFFICER (X2)- GABORONE & MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To procure goods and services for the Corporation in a cost-effective manner in accordance with Tender Regulations and Corporate policies.
- Performs standard administrative data processing tasks (e.g., materials requisitions, time and expense recording, etc.) for the Procurement Sourcing Lead or Materials Controller.
- Identifies potential sources of supply in order to ensure continuity of supply.
- Work with the inventory management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned projects
- Maintains and updates supplier master data to ensure proper records of a potential bidder
- Expedites purchase orders for prompt service delivery
- Prepares and sends out requests for quotations to potential suppliers in order to obtain competitive prices and terms.
- Guides on the drafting of tender documents to ensure consistency
- Facilitates tender opening as per laid out procedures
- Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations in order to ensure cost effective purchases
- Facilitates evaluation of tender papers and prepare minutes (secretarial) for submission to relevant adjudication committees
- Prepares public tender advertisements and forms of tenders.
- Evaluates tenders, prepares reports for submission to approval authority.
- Provides feedback on tender evaluation outcomes to bidders
- Organizes and prepares complex documents by using multiple computer applications (such as Microsoft Office), while also gathering and summarizing data for special reports.
- Compiles and provides procurement statistics to the Procurement and Sourcing Lead or Materials Controller, for preparation of monthly reports.
- Monitor and ensure that all tender and purchase order records or documents are properly kept as per procedure
- Keeps track of supplier contracts & ensure that all procedures are followed by contractors.
- Conducts sample tests to ensure adherence to quality standards on all deliveries done to the Corporation
- Monitor and enforce adherence to Service Level Agreements
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers and act as their business partner in resolving their enquiries
- Provides user support for logged problems and information requests
- Highlight’s shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Benchmark best practices & recommend where necessary.
- Implements improvements and carries out simple change management tasks by following established procedures to support others.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all procurement policies, procedures & standards in place for the smooth running of procurement activities.
- Expediting orders once the Purchase has been sent to suppliers
- Monitor performance evaluation for suppliers and vendors in order to maintain quality services
- Develops and maintains suppliers’ database to ensure all data and offerings are updated
- Conducts supplier visits for quality assurance and building long term relationships
- Implements SHE prescribed initiatives by using the organization’s Safety, Health and Environment systems and protocols.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Procurement & Supply or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years in Procurement Management.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.