Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– PROCUREMENT OFFICER X 2
Main Purpose Of The Job
Assist the Procurement Executive in the effective and efficient conduct of the procurement activity for the assigned
Departments in BEC.
Key performance areas:
• Ensure that the administrative records and electronic records are well maintained
• Obtain quotes from suppliers
• Check purchase requisitions against specification and compliance criteria
• Place and follow up orders to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
• Receive orders and process receipt vouchers, invoices, delivery notes
• Check and validate details of all incoming stock consignments against purchase orders to ensure all materials received match specifications in purchase orders
• Check goods received from suppliers match them with corresponding orders, and hand-over to Stores section
• Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in supply
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Supply Chain or Procurement Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution
• Minimum 4 years relevant experience of which 2 years should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving.
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.