Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To assist with procurement functions i.e., helping with tasks such as sourcing suppliers, negotiating contracts, managing vendor relationships, ensuring compliance, and analysing costs. This support streamlines the procurement process, saves costs, and ensures legal and ethical compliance.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist in sourcing suppliers and obtaining quotes
- Support in vendor negotiations and contract development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand procurement needs
- Maintain accurate procurement records and documentation
- Monitor inventory levels and assist in optimizing stock levels
- Participate in supplier performance evaluations
- Work toward achieving the competencies of the training programme
- Undertake training and assessment as required under the training programme.
- Keep the training record and produce this when required.
- Submission of accurate reports as per the programme guidelines
- Obey all lawful instructions.
- Behave in a courteous and professional manner
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or CIPS
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a collaborative team
- Exposure to end-to-end procurement processes
- Networking opportunities within the industry
How to Apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
Applications close: 28th November 2023
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.