This position is responsible for maximising plant’s capabilities while minimising production costs.
This position is responsible for maximising plant’s capabilities while minimising production costs. To ensure all maintenance and repairs on the Plant are completed in line with plans to ensure an efficient and effective operation and maintenance of equipment and schedules to achieve/exceed operational targets to maximize plant uptime. The Process Maintenance Superintendent reports to the Plant Manager.
- Coordinate the Plant maintenance department resources (people, equipment; spares/consumables; and facilities to ensure processing utilisation and cost management objectives meet or exceed targets.
- Provide field leadership and management of processing plant equipment maintenance and readiness to meet specific assets maintenance needs.
- Develop capital maintenance plans to ensure long-term equipment availability and reliability.
- Participate in the CAPEX process to ensure design for reliability.
- Ensure maintenance costs are managed within the agreed budget and seek opportunities for cost reduction initiatives.
- Participate in the development of plant maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Comply with operations’ basic rules and other safety, environmental or other regulations and standards as directed, ensure all hazards and risks are identified, reported, and eliminated.
- Ensure appropriate level of resourcing. (Maximise the efficient use of materials, tools, and lifting equipment).
- Monitoring and reviewing maintenance activities in compliance with operational requirements as per Mines Quarries Act.
- To oversee the execution of repair procedures to ensure compliance with plant reliability strategies while exercising good standards and practices.
- Ensure standard reports are accurate and submitted on time (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Carry out reported incidents investigations and ensure any issues arising from such are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Process plant engineering and general maintenance experience
- Innovative on continuous improvement
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines.
- Coaching & Team-building skills
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or related discipline
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- 10 – 15 years of relevant experience and hands-on process plant mechanical and boilermaker, rigging, and rubber lining maintenance.
- At least 9 years’ experience in Senior or supervisory role.