To coordinate and manage operations/acquisition and deployment of best practice and metallurgical systems within the plant to achieve MCM business objectives.
- Coordinates the operations and maintenance of the plant as determined by the operational plans through optimization and utilization of resources.
- Reviews and implements procedures and operational practices to enable sustainable achievement of sectional objectives.
- Continuously reviews interface inputs/outputs with other sections/departments in the value chain to ensure achievement of operational objectives.
- Implements Process Assurance standards within the plant environment.
- Carries out technical inspections and process audits within area of responsibility.
- Coordinates and implements action plans from technical and process assurance audits.
- Manages plant performance through analysis and optimization of processes (analytical troubleshooting) by investigating problem areas and identifying processes requiring efficiency tests and improvements, rectifying process and equipment breakdowns and malfunctions, interfacing, and interrogating information management systems.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives specific to area of specialization.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- 7 years post graduate experience in plant operation, metallurgical troubleshooting and problem solving in a mineral processing plant.
- Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015)
- Understanding of ISO 17025 will be an added advantage.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 29 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.